Wednesday 15 April 2009

So Long, Farewell, Adieu

And (if you read the above title), Auf Wiedersehen - or should that be Auf Wiederbloggen?! Anyway this is to inform any of you who have so (im)patiently waited for the next rivetting blog to emerge that there will not be one as it will be going on a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng sabbatical. Some long years ago after a long period of having our doorstep milk being constantly pinched I told the milkman that I did not want to receive it from him anymore until further notice.Over 20 years have passed and that notice has not yet - nor will be - rescinded. And why am I taking this step? Well, mainly because I lack anything remotely worthwhile to add week after week, and it is sooooo unfair on people to be always looking (says he, giving people the benefit of the doubt that they do actually keep looking) to see what is new. Maybe they've already stopped in which case this notice itself will be unread - and I've told Giulietta. So that means probably only the fair daughters will be the readers. I am sure your lives, dear girls/ladies, will never be the same as a result, but there you are, bear yourselves up bravely, shoulders back, look the future full in the face and say, "Isn't life wonderful?" So, Byeeeee folks!

3 comments:

evie winter said...

oh no! How will we see your lovely photos now? :(:(

Guilieta said...

This is not to be allowed to happen. I am going to organise a petition

Hevs said...

After my success on the bridges post I was looking forward to a few more posts on your trip along the thames....well, you will just have to email it to me!