Thursday 10 July 2008

white spaces

A little bird has informed me that my last blog was hard to read because there are no white spaces.

I am reading a book about Web-building and it emphasises the importance of white spaces to facilitate reading.

This is because reading online is much harder than reading in a book.

However since my blog page has no white background anywhere it will be impossible for me to provide any white spaces.

Insted you will have to put up with cream spaces, as I don't feel like changing the design at present.

Anyway I only heard about it in a roundabout way, but I hope that others of you (if there are any) who have had reading difficulties will be able to cope with this current arrangement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much easier to read thank you! YOur blog below was very interesting but also very solid!

Hevs said...

It was indeed a very interesting post and I have been musing on a possible comment. I wondered if this is really a specifically British problem or if it is present the world over? Then I remembered Evs saying on the phone that she loves the friendliness of everyone she has met in South Africa.

Definitely better with white cream spaces! It is harder reading a computer than a book, which is why my money saving idea of reading the Saturday times online rather than buying it was not entirely satisfactory!