Tuesday 1 July 2008

Justin Case, that enigmatic fellow

Just in case you have been missing a new entry... I was walking down our street when I came upon this work of art. a man was loading up the lorry with branches from a cherry tree. All were cut to the same length of six feet, and laid in orderly tiers in the forward half of the lorry, up to a a height of some eight feet. It looked so neat and impressive, that I said it was a pity it was all going to dumped in the recycling centre (the Dechetterie as Giulietta and I always like to call that place from its French equivalent). It should have been preserved and entered for the next Turner Prize. Was there any significance that the man working on it was an East European? Certainly I have never seen anything like it before. (I am sorry about the over-exposre of the r.h. corner - I haven't mastered the art of eliminating it yet.)
Another time I passed the Blairs old church which has a lovely artistic feature which I will show sometime. Meanwhile the tower by the side of the main body of the building just looks like an enormous sharpened pencil, and was positively crying out to be viewed in a slightly different perspective(no offence intended to Dunadan and his friends). I was actually lining the tower up with the viewfinder gridlines.
On a second visit to a new hairdressers I sat by an open window and spotted that below passed the Overground Railway, so out came the camera and waited a short while. As they say, have camera, will snap. Looming over the local swimming pool at our local park is what looks like a giant effigy of Gandalf, or could it be Treebeard - or his cousin perhaps?

2 comments:

Hevs said...

Tee hee, you have somehow also put this post on Mum's blog! Funnily enough, I read it thinking "she writes very similarly to Dad" and wondering why she was getting a new hairdresser!!
My comment remains the same...I love the perspective you give and the comments you add to your photos!

Anonymous said...

We don't know why or how it got to Mum's blog but it aint there now, though it's interesting that your literary training helped you to spot it as mine!