Wednesday 18 April 2007

On the M25 (or off it)

I had an interesting email yesterday from a lady at Guildford Cathedral. In 1997 I started visiting places within and outside the M25 that I thought would be of interest to anyone wanting a fun day out, or a need for petrol or a pleasant hostelry which welcomed children and a myriad other things. As I was on my own and had other commitments it took a long time. Eventually it was finished in, I think 2003 though possibly a year or so earlier. However I didn't think it was sufficiently of publication standard so I put it on the web. I hoped people would find it when they used Google. Unfortunately I did not use a good web package and I found it inaccessible from Google, so it has languished unknown and unloved in cyberspace ever since! unless people knew the website address, which I had never advertised. Now Guildford Cathedral recently closed their Brass Rubbing Centre, and deleted all record of it from their website, but some people still found references to it turning up, so through www.everyclick.com she had been tracing those sites which mentioned the centre so that she could inform their owners to edit out any reference. So after all this time the dear old project has had a reader. Unfortunately since the software was rubbish I threw it away and cannot get into the site myself now to edit it. It does include an address to contact me if people want themselves to suggest edits - as the lady of G.C. had done - little good as it may be, unless I buy a new design package.

No comments: