Sunday 15 June 2008

re H F D!

What can a proud father say when his two daughters come up with such beautfully phrased blogs - see Going Gwada and evie's blog - other than to show the additional card which Evie sent, not from Hawaii,but through a kind friend who remembered to post it in good time, though I did not open it till today. Inside it Evie says that she made it with me in mind, I presume in memory of the times I came south to St Pancras in the days of steam. Ah, them wurr the days!! Many thanks to the pair of you - and the occasion made me think of our wonderful Father in heaven who gave his only Son so that we might not perish but have everlasting life (John 3: 16).
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

evie winter said...

Ah I remember that card! She would have sent it early ads she is off to Spain this weekend for our friend's wedding...

Hevs said...

Great mind's think alike...

Hevs said...

hmmm, dont know where that apostrophe came from...ah yes, it skipped out of the dont above!

Anonymous said...

The more one sees a particular error the more the mind begins to pick it up and rationalise it as normal. I used to find that with simple spelling mistakes by the children at school, and had to exercise great discipline to not copy them.