Friday 2 May 2008

Check this out

A small observation: I went to the polling station and fulfilled my duty and went thome thinking no more about it. On Friday morning I was on the bus when a couple of elderly men were passing the odd comment to each other. One of them said that he had put his cross on the ballot paper... I thought, "I didn't put a cross on the ballot papers (we had 3 different ones here in London to vote on), I put ticks! For all my voting life I have always put a cross as I am supposed to do. Whatever made me put a tick? I can only think that all that one does on computers is to 'check the box' and that results on a tick being entered. So there in the polling booth my brain, what's left of it these days, said to itself, "Have box, will tick". What do you think? Apparently the voting papers were counted electronically, all 6 million of them Did the machine distinguish between a tick and a cross, I wonder?

1 comment:

Hevs said...

you rebel you!!