Tuesday 21 August 2007

A new skill


We have a new skill - if skill is what one calls it. I had this sudden inspiration to take photos of our area which are associated with our introduction to London life. So today I took some photos of buildings and streets we became associated with soon after we moved here in 1970. The featured photo is of a road which leads away directly from the first house (or rather flat in a house) that we lived in. When we arrived the houses in it were selling for £7,000. I doubt whether they will be going for much less than £750,000 now. We now live at the other end of this road. We often come down to this end particularly to cross the road for buses and despite all the times we have done this and looked across at the street we have never seen how the trees in the foreground have made an arch. It also wasn't till recently that I discovered it has a gentle gradient up to the roundabout at the other end which is quite taxing when you are either ill or extremely tired and carrying/pulling a heavy case.
As it has been a long time since I wrote I hope that if any of you have been patiently dropping in at the blog to see if there is anything new will not be disappointed at what is breaking the cyber-silence!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, I didn't recognise this at first - and still don't fully! Although I think I can place it. The trees arching is very good. One thing I like about photography is being able to focus in on something you might not notice otherwise... love evie

Anonymous said...

I recognise the right hand side of the photo but not the left... a gap that I expected to see there isn't! I don't often walk down that road, I must do so again to get the complete picture, as it were.

Anonymous said...

cool!
are you still Times free? You could always go the cheap route and read it on line like i do... but only really worthwhile getting it on saturdays i reckon (unless there is a groovy eat out for £5 offer that i need you to get me tokens for...)